In our daily prayers, we commonly recite the shorter chapters towards the end of the Qur’an. Surah Ikhlas is one of these. An extremely beautiful Makkan Surah characterized by short verses, powerful language and vivid imagery addressing the most essential beliefs. Surah Ikhlas: The Chapter of Sincerity explores the meaning and significance of Surah Ikhlas with a detailed and inspiring commentary designed to help you relate with the verses that you recite frequently. By looking at the key themes and meaning through a verse-by-verse study, this course will help you begin to understand and appreciate why the Prophet peace and blessings be upon Him referred to Surah Ikhlas as ‘One third of the Noble Quran’. (Bukhari)
Some of the course highlights include:
- A detailed and inspiring commentary of Surah Ikhlas
- The reasons for its revelation and some of the specific incidents that occurred during that period.
- An introduction to a linguistic study of the Qur’an
- Discovering lessons from the Surah which can be learnt and implemented in our lives
- Reflection on the virtues of the Surah
- A deep understanding of the concept of Tawhid (Oneness of Allah) and other themes relating to the Aqidah of Ahlus Sunnah Wa al-Jama’ah
- An opportunity to have all your specific faith-related questions, confusions, and doubts answered
By the end of the course, you will have gained a deep understanding of one of the most widely known and recited Surahs of the Qur’an – its meaning, benefits, secrets and unique characteristics. This course is a perfect opportunity to inculcate within yourself a love for the Quran and gain presence in your prayer as you experience first-hand the overwhelming beauty of the Surah and its extreme relevance to our lives.
Your first section
- Saturday 02/05/2016 @6PM
- Sunday 05/05/2016 @7PM